Envisioning Your Creative Life

FRESH ART INTERNATIONAL 2013 = New Site + New Fresh Talk Series!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Fresh Rx.4 with Kesha Bruce


Fresh Rx.4 is an excerpt from Cathy Byrd Talks Art Talk
with Kesha Bruce.
Click here to listen to the skype podcast posted on February 10, 2012.


How am I going to get everything done?
An emerging artist, Chicago


This is one of my favorite topics, something that I cover often with consulting clients. It’s not easy. You have to make, market and sell your work. Unless you are very careful, it gets overwhelming really quickly. You have only a certain amount of time in the day to allot to all these activities.

I’m really a big fan of sitting down and writing out a formal structure. That’s part of my personal strategy. But this is not just about when you make art. It’s about how you will fit your creative practice into the rest of your life.You need to establish a schedule and a structure for each day and have routines that then become a habit. Setting parameters is how you begin to build your career.

Here’s a model scheduling strategy from my blog. You can tailor it to fit your life.

 I'm here to help. Send me your questions! freshartinternational@gmail.com
 Kesha Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment